Project Manager / fNIRS Scientist (m/w/d)
NIRx is looking to hire an organized, resourceful, and highly-motivated professional for the position of fNIRS Scientist and Project Manager in our site in Berlin.
NIRx is a small but rapidly-growing international neuroscience research solutions company with offices in Berlin, Minneapolis, Los Angeles and NY. We specialize in high-end hardware and software used in functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy(fNIRS)-based brain imaging research.
You will be part of a young, dynamic and international team and in constant contact with academia. We are looking for someone who is passionate about science and people to work closely with NIRx’ Scientific Director of R&D. Our ideal candidate is a neuroscientist with an engineering or data science background who has a deep understanding and passion for fNIRS research and instruments, experience with designing and conducting experiments, and in-depth knowledge of data analysis and methods development. For your coordinative tasks you should be a great communicator and a real team player.
- You will be at the interface between the Research and Development division and the Customer Success Division.
- You will work in close and regular interaction and coordination with NIRx’ Scientific Director of R&D to support and execute the following tasks:
- Manage product development projects
- Administer and coordinate ongoing grants and time- and resource allocation and reporting
- Brainstorm and develop novel research ideas and support grant-writing activities
- Perform research and development activities in the domain of data analysis, methods development, and testing.
Profile / Required Skills:
- PhD in Neuroscience / Neurotechnology / Biomedical Engineering or similar. You should have a Data Science or Engineering background
- Highly motivated, creative problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented mindset
- Grant writing experience
- Grant/Project Management experience
- Proficient with fNIRS experiments and standard signal analysis
- In-depth experience in Data Science or Machine Learning / Algorithm development
- Good Matlab / Python skills
It’s a Plus:
- In-depth understanding of fNIRS and other neuroscience instrumentation (EEG, fMRI)
- Experience with photon migration and simulation
- You have been previously exposed to electronics / mechanical engineering projects
What we offer:
Joining NIRx, you can expect:
- The opportunity to become part of a mission by joining the global team that enables the leading scientists around the world to advance the understanding of the human mind and the exploration of new pathways for medicine to improve many people's lives.
- Working in a dynamic and international team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues with a Make Things Better approach. We are driven and united by the desire to advance science and achieve significant and large-scale
- To make a positive contribution to NIRx, working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues. A role with purpose, collaboration, and autonomy in a lean and agile organization with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes, and a shared-leadership culture.
- An inspiring, stimulating, and flexible work environment with opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jour Fixes/Flexes, and brown bag lunches with experts.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package, with employee wellbeing in mind. Additional perks include:
- Flexible working times around core hours.
- Coffee and other hot and cold drinks, fruits, summer & winter parties.
- Either a membership with Urban Sports Club or financial support for your public transport costs.
- A centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity located close to the Humboldt Hain.
- A relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed
- Financial contribution to continued education.
How to apply
- Applications are easy and fast – just upload your CV and, if you like, tell us why you want to become part of NIRx. Your application needs to be in English.
- NIRx is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where there is equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures, and backgrounds. The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, color, or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity, marital or family status, age, or ability.
- Don't hesitate to contact us at - email@example.com